So you want to learn more about mango butter?
Personally, I think this butter is even better than Shea. Like Shea butter, it does double duty for both skin care and hair care, but you don’t have to worry as much about grittiness in your final product. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but here are some quick facts you should know about the benefits of mango butter:
- It has more fatty acids than both cocoa butter and Shea butter, which makes it an even more intensive moisturizer.
- The antioxidants in mango butter help fight against free radical damage in the skin. And that means fewer signs of aging when used on the skin.
- It smoothes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Knowing all of that, what’s not to love about mango butter in your natural skin care and hair care routine? Want to know about how to use it? Let’s dive in.
- While mango butter is considered a soft butter, I personally find that melting the butter before mixing it with other ingredients works best. Because it can a bit flaky depending on where you acquire it, it can resist mixing smoothly. Melting beforehand helps limit any clumps or chunks appearing in your final product.
- If you’re using mango butter in your natural hair care routine, you might find it a more pleasant ingredient than Shea butter. Mango butter doesn’t attract lint and other items the way Shea has a tendency to do. You know, all those little balls of cotton and debris that can get stuck in your hair? That’s Shea butter.
- Always add a little vitamin e oil or another strong antioxidant to get the most shelf-life out of your product. A good antioxidant can extend the shelf life of your oil-based products.
Don’t forget. Not into DIY? We got you. CaLoveCo. has a range of body butters that include mango butter and suit every fragrance mood and taste. I mean, why not have great skin and smell great too? Because you should always flaunt your natural beauty.
Like this content? Get content like this sent straight to your inbox when you sign up for our newsletter.